North Wing introduces a new addition to our range of fun and easy-to-fly Hang Gliders, the North Wing Liberty.
The new Liberty has stable and predictable handling with light control pressures, and VG for utmost performance. Rated for pilots Hang 3 and above. Custom sail available. 148 and 158 sq ft sizes.
The optimal combination of double-surface sail area and refined sail planform design provides handling and performance benefits through the range of VG settings. The elliptical tip planform includes three shear ribs and integrated speed vents to ensure consistent under-surface sail shape at higher speeds.
• Elliptical Tip Planform
• 6 internal Shear Ribs
• VG Sail Tension Control
• Low-profile Keel Pocket
• Comfort Bar round (Speed Bar) Base Tube
• Streamline Safety-edge Uprights
• Streamline Kingpost with Kingpost Hang System
• PX15 Leading Edge fabric
• 170 Dacron top Main Body
• 180MT Square Trailing Edge fabric
• Flip-Tips on Upper Ribs
• Fast Foil Control Frame with aerofoil Speed Bar
• PX10T Mylar Full Race SailGlider Break-down
• 16.6 ft in the bag
• 12 ft quick break down for U.S.A. shipping
• 9.5 ft break down length for international shipping
Standard Equipment on Freedom X, Freedom, and LibertyThe rectangular, mesh-fabric speed vents near the tips of the glider helps prevent the under-surface of the sail from inflating out at the tip of the glider. Minimizing the under-surface from breathing, and promoting a consistent profile ensures an improvement of un-interrupted airflow around the wing, resulting in better performance when you fly at higher speeds.